Selling cars online can be a bit like walking through a minefield. One wrong step, and the consequences can be expensive. Here, we provide 6 valuable rules for selling your car online. This will improve chances of a sale at the right price, while strengthening your negotiating position.
1. Do your research. Before writing an advert, make sure you know the following. The more information you can enter into the advert template, the more reassuring for buyers.
2. Select a good site. In Australia, there are three main sites for car sales.
3. Detail your car before before photographing it! This means a thorough interior and exterior clean.
4. Take high-res photos that show every side of the car, interior details, boot or tray, tyre tread, and under the bonnet. Take more than one from each angle so you can select the best. Use a good background and avoid patchy shade.
5. Be honest about the negatives, such as dents, paint repairs and maintenance needs. This builds trust and prevents the buyer from negotiating large price reductions.
6. Give contact details you actually use and always include a phone number. You’ll lose potential buyers if you only give an email address. If you’re concerned about privacy, carsales.com.au and carpoint.com.au provide virtual phone numbers for Premium advertisers.
If you get all this right, you should receive plenty of enquiries, leading to a straightforward car sale at an optimum price.
Did you know that 1800approved can trade-in your old car too? That's right ... we don't only provide great car finance but also have a dedicated team of connected professionals at Drive Wholesale who can trade in your old car and when they find your dream vehicle.
As part of Drive Wholesale's commitment to safety, reliability and quality they do not sell used cars under $10,000, or used 4×4’s under $15,000. However, above these starting prices we can find some great cars !!!
1800Approved is one of Australia’s fastest growing car and asset finance brokers. We specialise in finance, insurance and warranty services for vehicle and equipment purchases, and have previously arranged deals from AU$10k to AU$5m. 1800Approved services clients across Australia, working with over 30 independent lenders to find the best deal.
To learn more about how we can help you, call us today on 1800 277 768.